READ CHAPTER LIST
Updated :Mar 15,2023 - 06:05 AM
- 1 votes
A collection of one-shots done during the 1970s (and one from 1980), all regarding some aspect of Tezuka's early life. Includes a reflection of his time at the famous Tokiwa-so.
- **Record of the Life of Gachaboy**: A reflection on Tezuka's career up to that point. Tezuka encounters the God of Manga right after the war, who nicknames Tezuka "Gachaboy". He is determined to see Tezuka become a great mangaka, no matter what - and restore manga's presence in Japan.
- **Paper Fortress**: Right at the end of the war, Tezuka is doing manga in private in high school. He meets a girl who fully understands his situation, and they get along well. In a society where manga, dancing, and even informal relationships are forbidden, how will Tezuka, crazy about manga, keep on?
- **Hungry Blues**: Directly following *Paper Fortress*, Tezuka is now a hungry, desperate student with little luck on his path in manga. Things change when he comes across a young lady who works for a newspaper, and he manages to land a serial for it. However, in an era rife with turmoil and starvation, Tezuka's own stomach may prove to be a serious intrusion in not just his manga-making career, but his very life.
- **Tokiwa-so Monogatari**: Part of a series recounting memories within the famous apartment complex, Tezuka showcases its history through commentary from the building itself!
- **The Letter that Came**: Tezuka receives an ominous letter that may put him in hot water.
- **Animal Tsurezuregusa**: Two reflections on animals Tezuka had encountered in his early years - the first a horse, the second two tanuki.
An excerpt of *Dotsuitare* featuring Tezuka is also included at the end.
**Volume 274 of the Osamu Tezuka Complete Works**
SHOW MORE ⇩
SHOW LESS ⇧